Monday, August 18, 2008

We have babies!!!




Tonight after dinner, Anitra and I were sitting on the couch and I could hear "Mama" quacking. A lot. And loud. Yes, I have named our duck Mama b/c every day when I feed her, her daily hot dog bun I talk to her and call her Mama. Well, she was making a bunch of noise and was standing up (top pic) and I said, that's not normally like her. She doesn't stand up. So I ran down and got my camera and these are the first shots I got. Mama had her babies. At first I counted 3. I hadn't fed her yet tonight, so I went inside and got her a bun and when I came out there was 4! The miracle of life is amazing, whether it's seeing my nieces being born (way cool) or baby ducklings hatch (cool, but not as cool)!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anitra said...

Actually, there is 5. When I was talking on the phone, I saw 5 little heads pecking at her side.

Addi said...

Yeah - my top picture on the other post shows all 5. I did see another egg when she stood up, so maybe in the morning she will have 6!