Monday, August 11, 2008

I wanna be a kid again!

Tonight Brian was supposed to have his final church-league softball game...tournament time! Anitra, Seth, the kids and I loaded in the van to go watch Uncle BK play. We got there and Brian said they weren't playing because they were one player short. Seth offered to play, but the other team said they wanted to play, but not a "practice game". Now, I have to be honest, this upset me, because this is supposed to be an outreach program, and if it truly was that...they would have played, even if they were short a few guys and maybe taken some of that extra time to talk with some of the guys about God and not be so worried about saving up so they could win the next game.

Anyway, Senica wanted to play on the playgroud and so we went over and even the adults got in on the action. We had so much fun being kids again, but I think I might be sore tomorrow. Ty had a little routine going on....run to the steps, climb up them, run across the bridge, play peek-a-boo, run back across the bridge and down the slide...start the same thing over again! It was too stinkn' cute!

So, we had yet another great night and I tried to think how God took something that was upsetting and made it into a wonderful evening! Who knows, if Brian would have played softball tonight, maybe he would have run into the fence or something and maybe God saved us from an ER visit?! :) Trying to be positive!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anitra said...

You are right. It should be an outreach and that is frustrating, but I am sure glad that we got to play on the playground. We thought it was fun.

The Barnes said...

Looks like a great time-better than a softball game!

Cheryl said...

So can you do a cartwheel? ha ha Looks like fun and wish I'd have been there.