Thursday, September 13, 2007

The unofficial test


Anitra called today because Senica had a temp last night. She woke up from her nap today and again, she had a temp. No gymnastics today for Senica and she was quite sad about it! :( I stopped at Leah's house after work to pick up a strep test kit (Thank you Leah!). Anitra said she was taking Senica to the doctor, so instead of wasting a test, she would just wait to see what the doctor said. I watched Ty while they went to the doctor. **Side note** When I stopped at Anitra's after work, Senica asked me if I would take her to the doctor and Anitra could stay home with Ty.....aww how sweet??** Anyway, Anitra called all upset, the doctor was sending the test to the lab and told her she wouldn't get the results until tomorrow.

Moving on to Plan B. It went like this....Anitra held Senica down on the couch, I promised her a bowl of ice cream AND a milkshake, a sucker, basically everything including the moon! As Anitra held her poor little head, I stuck this long q-tip down her throat (she will probably need counseling when she's older) and she gagged and quite honestly, I almost gagged with her! After all was said and done, her test was negative (providing I did it right). So, Senica didn't want to come close to me for about 5 minutes, and I wondered if it was worth it, but it gave Anitra some peace of mind....until she asked....do you think I have a fever?? Ohhhh...Senica, it's your turn to hold mommy down. Just kidding! :)

Senica does look sick out of her eyes though, so please keep her in your prayers!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Leah said...

Addi, Even though I know all the details surrounding this... my first thought was that this picture was a pregnancy test! Ha!! I'll pray for Senica and all those little ones who love to share their illnesses.
Leah : )

brenda said...

I also thought it was a pregnancy test! Ha ha.

Senica's future husband is sick as well. He has a fever and his eyes are reddish and he just looks miserable. He has a cough and is very congested in his chest.

Poor little things.