Sunday, September 2, 2007

Sunday at the OCEAN



This morning Brian and I got up and went to church with Krista, Sadie and Judy. Krista's church is about a mile from their home. It had beautiful stained glass windows and I really wanted to take some pictures but knew I would really stand out if I did so. ha! After church we went back and picked up Ben...he wasn't feeling very well from the clams that we had eaten the night before. They were delicious! I think Ben just might have eaten one too many for his stomach. So Brian and I got our stuff all packed and followed Ben, Krista and Sadie to Krista's Aunt Ann's home. I thought we were going to the lake..Brian said he thought we were going to the ocean. Well, he was right. The drive there was beautiful and we ended up in Misquamicut, Rhode Island. She lives about a block from the beach! We walked down and Krista and I stuck our feet in the water and it was cold. I took some pictures and then we headed back to the house. They were having a big Labor Day party and the food was non-stop! They had chowda, shrimp cocktail, lobster, corn on the cob, crab cakes (the BEST I have ever had!), cheese and crackers, desserts, desserts, desserts!! Seriously, it was truly a TON of food!



Brian and I couldn't stay for all the fun, we had to get on the road...so we left at 3:30 and I was very sad to go! We had such a great time!

We weren't even on the road for 20 minutes and Brian had to pee...BAD he said. So, of course there is no fast food places or gas stations at the exit where we pull off. So you can guess...yup, pulls over on the side of the road (how fitting...since it was a year ago exactly since we got engaged) and I say to him...don't get arrested! I'm not gonna, he hollared back at me....as he is saying it I head the whoop whoop of a police siren. He drives right by us, going probably 10 miles an hour! My heart s.t.o.p.p.e.d! He just kept on driving though. I said to Brian "that came on pretty fast...you couldn't wait?" He told me no - he had to go...right then!! I promise you all...all 3 of my nieces can hold it better than my husband!

No comments: