Sunday, July 15, 2007

Leah's Challenge

Leah, that I work with, had posted a challenge on her blog. Take one of your messiest places in your house, post pictures of the "before" and "after". So, Friday I came up with the idea to paint the basement in a day. (Like we need one more thing to do) Of course, my loving husband who always goes along with my crazy ideas agreed to do it! So Saturday morning after Senica left, we got to painting! We painted from 9am-2pm...took a break for lunch (a nap for me) and then back to business. We have the trim to do yet and some touch ups, but I LOVE it! The bottom of the wall is Tree Bark, the trim will be Carribean Walk and the top is Mongoose Green! It really looks great. Brian thinks it looks like a North Carolina cottage. HA! Seriously his thought process cracks me up. I will post "final" pictures once we get the furniture all back in place. :) Anitra came over to check her email and Senica "helped" Brian clean the brushes. :)
Today we taught during Sunday School and second service. We had no kids during Sunday School and 13 during second service. We were tired! Straight from church to Goshen to go to my cousin Dawn's house....they were having a pool party! It was great to see the extended family. It was a beautiful day and Janae was in the pool for over 5 hours with only a 15-minute break! I got some really great pictures that I will have to post later of that. Then, home quick...with a 30-minute nap. Get up, shower and head to Vacation (vocational as Brian said, he he) Bible School. We have a great class, 4-year olds, who did a great job with listening. I have to be honest, when I woke up this morning and thought about the day ahead, I was not really feeling the whole "servants heart" deal, but after seeing how excited these kids were to learn about God, It made me excited for tomorrow night!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: