Monday, June 16, 2008

You will be missed...


Karen was not wanting her picture taken, so I did the best I could! The top left picture is Pastor Rick waiting to see if the other teams bean bag was going to mean his defeat. I think he lost.

I think I am still in denial about his leaving. It is bittersweet, because I am happy for him and for whatever God has in store for him and Karen. In a selfish way, I am sad because he is such an amazing Pastor. I have never been as challenged in church as I am when I hear him preach. He was a huge part of why I started driving to Granger for church when I lived in Goshen. He and Mindi met me for dinner one night and I just felt so comfortable talking to him and I had never had a pastor really reach out to me like that. It truly changed my life. I felt like I could talk freely without being judged.

Anyway, that's all I can write now because I am starting to cry and I need to go to bed and don't want to wake up with swollen eyes!

So, thank you to Rick and Karen...my life has been truly been blessed and I am a better person for knowing you!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anitra said...

Perfect pictures to show how competitive he is. I am so sad to see him go. I will miss being challenged by his sermons.

Cheryl said...

Addi, I'm so sorry your preacher is leaving. What a hole that leaves in your heart, but I know that you're thankful that you've known him and he has helped you on your journey to eternal life.

Love,
Cheryl