Tuesday, June 3, 2008

When it rains, it pours!


This past weekend, we had to call out the plumber because we were having problems with our downstairs toilet. Toilet - BROKE Some of you might remember last October when we had major plumbing problems and had to call out the plumber in the middle of the night! Well, more roots had grown in and $225 later, it's fixed. For now...

Today when I went to leave for work, the garage door was making funny noises. As I pulled out of the drive and closed the door, it stopped short of it's intended destination! So, I got out of the car and had to manually shut it. Garage door - BROKE

Brian called me on the way home and said his car overheated and died and it was being taken to the mechanic! Car - BROKE

When it rains, it pours! But, the sun will come out again...and sometimes the sun starts to shine through, just as the rain is finishing. These pictures are from our honeymoon...when it poured and then the sun came out and there was a beautiful rainbow!

The rainbow is God's promise to us that he would never flood the Earth again. It reminds me that God is always there for me, even when I feel I'm drowning...

My rainbow today on the way home...Brian called and we had an offer on the boat.

I was beginning to worry about how we were going to pay for everything that was breaking, but once again, God has reminded me that he will never desert me!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Amy said...

Beautiful post! God does provide during the storms!

Amy

thegroves said...

Great post! We can relate to all the broken house stuff... and also to God's provision! ;)

Anitra said...

Awesome post! It reminds me of the phrase "He gives and takes away" from the song 'Praise Him through the Storm'. He is so faithful!

Cheryl said...

You are an amazing christian woman and so glad that you're remembering that God is not "punishing" you, but helping you to see the good things that he has in store for you if you remain faithful during our short stay here on earth. Love your "honeymoon rainbow".