Friday, August 31, 2007

We're here! CT!!

Hello all!

Brian and I left last night (Thur) at 6:45 from Mishawaka....destination....Plainfield, CT! My brothers both live in Connecticut, one in Tolland and one in Plainfield. I surprised Brian with an extended weekend trip out east. Ben and Krista (Sadie and Levi too) were so kind to let us stay here.

We drove straight through...2 stops for gas, 1 bathroom stop and a coffee stop. We made it, just a little over 12 hours. We got here this morning at 7:00! We made great time and didn't really even speed. About 6 over the whole way here! I was a little worried about Labor Day traffic, but the worst traffic was this morning...rush hour in Hartford.

Brian and I got engaged last year on Labor Day weekend so I wanted to make this weekend special for him! Tonight starts their local fair here, so I think we are going to the fair! :)

Tomorrow, we are going to get up early and head into Boston...do some sightseeing and then head back for dinner at Ben and Krista's. Jamey said he is going to make some lobster - YUM - and crab cakes.

I will have to post some pictures later of Ben and Krista's new little cutie! Sadie Rae...she is so S.W.E.E.T. She loves her Auntie Addi too! :)

2 comments:

Leah said...

I've checked in on you a few times today Addi. I'm so glad you made it safely!

Cheryl said...

Glad that you and BK made it safely. I can't believe you're going to another fair! Let me know if it's as good as Elkhart CO.'s.