Sunday, August 19, 2007

The trial run


Senica turns 3 on Wednesday. Anitra asked me if I would take care of making the cupcakes/cake. Of course I told Anitra that I would do whatever she needed me to. Now, you have to understand that when I told her this, I really meant, "I can make a cake that says Happy Birthday Senica" I didn't know I would need to be following the theme of Miss Spider and her Sunny Patch Friends. Mind you, I have only made cakes in a 13X9 pan...nothing fancy, except one time long ago in Senior Foods in high school. Then, I had a teacher to help guide me. So, Brian and I stopped at the kitchen store at the outlet malls so that I could buy some round cake pans. Then, off to Target to get 6 boxes of cake mix so I could practice.

After church the Zartman's came down for lunch and after lunch, the boys went downstairs to rest and I got to work on the practice cake. Senica helped a little too - as you can see in the picture - most of her help meant licking the beaters and eating the frosting. :) While I was making the cakes, Anitra and Senica were putting together the "goodie bags" for Senica's party. Her hair is a little crazy - but she is still so cute!

I included Senica's toy Miss Spider in the pictures so you all could see what the cake should look like. ha! I think I can do better next time, but Brian and Seth assured me, no matter what it looked like, it tasted good! I guess so - the only thing left of Miss Spider on Monday morning was her head! ;)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Addi-The cake turned out really good:) Plus it tasted good evidently as it's mostly eaten by the boys. Way to go on cake decorating!

Leah said...

LOVE the cake Addi... who needs some cake decorating class when you are a natural?! DARLING! Makes me want to run to my kitchen (Ok may be I'll run in there tomorrow).