Tuesday, November 4, 2008

3 or 33?


Tonight we had Anitra, the kids and Mom and Bobby over for Anitra's birthday dinner. We had steak...since we bought steak, we couldn't afford a big cake. We did get her a mini-cupcake. And since, we didn't have money for a big cake, we just bought her one "3" candle. If you look at the middle picture and cross your eyes, you will see her real age. :)

Ok, so the real story is this...

Anitra wanted steak, rice, broccoli & cheese and rolls for her birthday dinner. I told her for her dessert, she could have anything she wanted...cake, cookies, brownies. She wanted to make sure that I really meant anything and when I told her yeah, she told me, "in that case, I want Apple Dumplings...and can you make them taste just like mom's?" PRESSURE!! So, I tried. She liked them. They didn't taste like mom's...but they passed the test. :) But that's why the candle is in the cupcake. Much easier than sticking it in an Apple Dumpling. ;)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anitra said...

Yes! They were OH SO delicious! Thank you!

Jess said...

Wow...I am impressed...homemade apple dumplings!! Nice!!!

Rene said...

You've been tagged, check out my blog.