Monday, April 28, 2008

Rings...

Posted by Picasa


Tonight Brian and I went to dinner at Red Lobster. Just the two of us! It was so nice. My co-workers got me a gift certificate for Red Lobster for Administrative Professional Day last week. I know, can you believe it actually lasted that long?? :)

Anyway, while we were at dinner, I decided it was finally time to have my rings soldered. 14 months of marriage and I am just now doing it. I originally thought I would keep them seperate so someday when I get pregnant and my hands swell to the size of China, I could still wear my wedding band. However...the more and more I think about it, I wanted to get my rings "bonded" together forever just like Brian and I are. So we dropped our rings off, mine to be sautered and Brian's to be polished. As we drove home, I realized this is the first night of our marriage where I don't have my rings. It feels funny physically, to not have my ring on, but it got me to thinking what our wedding rings really signify. It signifies our love, the bond that God has created between us, it signifies understanding and tenderness. It also is a symbol of self-sacrifice, putting someone else's feelings in front of your own. It signifies forgiveness and reminds me that only God is perfect! It not only shows that I am loved by someone, but that I also love that man with all my heart!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Did Brian read this??? How romantic.