Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Rick's last Sunday

So this past Sunday, we had to say goodbye to Pastor Rick and his family. The day was full of laughter and tears. I am just going to focus on the laughter part right now. We had a wonderful service and the sun came out just as the service was getting over. We had a cookout at the church and ate on blankets on the church lawn. To my surprise, my friend Dani showed up! I was so shocked to see her!! She had driven up from Memphis for the weekend. She brought her sweet dog, Paisley, with her. Of course, Ty had a hard time eating because all he wanted to do was play with Paisley. But, as you can see in the bottom right picture, he had no problem with eating his cupcake! ha

It was a wonderful day, and my friend Mindi (Rick's daughter) was home too, so I got to spend some time with her. She is a newlywed and lives in DC. I think I might have to be making a trip out East soon. :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anitra said...

I miss him already!