Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Kisses anyone?


Friday Anitra and Seth headed to Michigan for a coaches retreat and Brian and I had Senica and Ty from Friday night until about supper time on Sunday.

My brother, Ben got here Friday from Connecticut along with my sister-in-law, Krista, their little girl, Sadie and Krista's parents Roger and Rose. We are so excited to have them in town!

Friday night mom had us over for dinner, along with April and her girls. We had dinner at mom's then headed over to the fair. The kids got to see some animals and Janae got to see some of the pagent. We had some ice cream and pie and then headed home! It was late and we had kids! :)

Saturday it was rainy all morning so Brian, Senica, Ty and I made a trip to the grocery store and then back home to rest before our party. Jeff and Tiff, our friends from church are moving to Maryland and so we were having a party for them (those pics to come later) and also a shower for Sara and Scott, our friends that have already moved! We had a lot of fun!! Thanks to Barnes' for hosting us!!

Sunday we got the kids up and headed to church. Senica did an amazing job going to her class like a big girl with no hesitations!! Ty on the other hand...knew as soon as we got to the door what was gonna happen and just clung to my leg, crying! Oh my!!! Now, I normally don't mind his crying if I help Anitra and drop him off when she is there, but I knew by Sunday morning he was missing his parents and my heart just broke for him!! I showed him some of the balls and walked out and he was SCREAMING!! Brian could hear him in the sanctuary!! Needless to say, I stood in the hall and cried too! How will I ever be a parent?!? It broke my heart!

After church we headed to the lake where Ben and Krista are staying this week. We had a nice time and great weather! The kids loved the water and it was nice to just sit and relax. :)

Sorry this is such a long post...I hadn't posted in awhile!

Oh yeah...the pictures. Sadie is such a lover and wants to kiss everyone! Ty wanted nothing to do with the kisses at first...but then he warmed up to her!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Barnes said...

You will be a great mother-however leaving your kids and having them cry for you will probably not get any easier. Thanks for sharing the great pics!

Anitra said...

Thank you for keeping the kids. You did the right thing by leaving Ty in the nursery. I am sure he missed us, but the best thing was to walk away. You will be a good mom. We are glad the kids behaved for you otherwise....except for the marker incident :)

Cheryl said...

Hey, you and Brian will be great parents! Everyone who cares is concerned about that! It's the one's that aren't concerned that worry me...

Sadie is a cutie pie.