Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sleepovers and Swim Meets



Friday night I picked up Janae and Brenna for a sleepover. When we stopped to get Senica, Ty stood at the door saying "I go Addi's", so he came too! You know me...I couldn't leave him behind! We had a good time! The kids played and played.

Saturday morning we got up and had breakfast, the usual pancakes, eggs, sausage and has browns. After breakfast, Ty had a really yukky I'll-spare-you-the-details-diaper and so we called Anitra to come and pick up him. Then the girls and I got bundled up and headed to Goshen to watch our cousin, Mia, swim. We really enjoy watching her compete. She is such a good swimmer and it is so fun to hear the 3 little ones yelling "Go Mia!, Go, Mia!!" After the meet, we went down to the cafeteria to have some cake and punch with the team, b/c it was Senior Day. The girls got to hang out with Haylie, another cousin, and take some pics with Mia too. :) They had so much fun!!

When we were leaving, there was a wrestling match going on so we stopped and watched for a little bit. Our cousin's nephew was wrestling and we were going to try and stay to watch, but the girls were starting to get "wrest-less". :) At one point I turned around and Brenna was in a wrestling stance, trying to slap Senica like some of the boy-wreslters were doing and Senica was saying "Brenna, I don't think this is a really good idea!" ha!

So we got loaded back up in the car and stopped by my Aunt Jeannie's house. The girls call her Grandma Jeannie. :) She got out the coloring books, crayons, construction paper and scissors and glue so the girls to do some projects. Brenna of course, went in the computer room to play on her Webkinz. :) I laid down on her couch, and just like my Grandma Pauly's old couch, I was out! Thanks so much Aunt Jeannie for entertaining the girls and letting me have a cat nap!

Then we headed to Grandma Pottenger's for our Christmas with her. (bottom collage) We ate dinner, the kids played, the adults talked and then we exchanged gifts. We laughed so hard at Grandma trying to mimick Anitra doing excercises! ha!! We had a wonderful time...thanks Grandma!

It was decided at Christmas, that Janae, Brenna and Senica would come back and spend the night at our house because today we were supposed to have Christmas with Bob at our house after church. Brenna was asleep by the time we got home and I put her right into bed. Janae and Senica stayed up for a little while with Janae reading Junie B. Jones to Senica and teaching her how to spell and right new words. Just like both of their moms used to teach me whatever they were learning in school. :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Sounds like you had a BUZZY weekend. I laughed when I saw Janae and Anitra exercising. Your Grandma P is a really pretty lady. Looks like you had a lot of fun.