Tuesday, June 5, 2007

My little Senica...

Tonight on the way home from work, Anitra called. Seth was recruiting again tonight so I asked if she wanted to bring the kids down for dinner. Brian grilled brat burgers and hot dogs. Anitra got Senica's plate, made her own and waited for Brian and I at the table. Anitra "snuck" a green bean and Senica scolded her..."Mom! Put that green bean down, we haven't prayed yet." HA! Senica of course wanted to say the prayer and prayed for everyone, BK, Daddy, Mommy, Ty, April, Uncle Brian, Janae, Brenna and the list goes on and on. I was the one left off the list tonight. :( My little Senica forgot me. Sniff, sniff! After the prayer I said, you forgot to thank God for our food...and for me! She said, "No, I prayed for you" with all of the conviction in the world. OK, so she thought she prayed for me. That counts for something.

A little while later, Brian was cleaning the pool, Anitra was watching Wheel of Fortune and Senica was laying on the couch. She wanted me to lay with her...

Senica: "Lay your head here"!
Addi: "Here"?
Senica "No, here...that's right, ok. You tired Addi? Close your eyes!"

I close my eyes....open them

Senica "No, close your eyes" (while she plays with my hair and then rubs my ear) Of course, this has come from our family...playing with her hair and "tracing" her ear to get her to go to sleep.
She says, "Addi, I love you" then gives me a kiss. Suddenly, I forget I was left out of the prayer.

No comments: