Monday, June 11, 2007

Honeymoon!



Finally...our honeymoon! After 3 1/2 months of marriage, we were more than ready for our honeymoon!

We arrived in St. Thomas yesterday afternoon and met the Apple rep. at the airport. We boarded the shuttle to the hotel and began on our journey! I am glad that someone else was driving us. They aren't kidding when they say the roads are narrow...and they drive on the left side of the road. The only place that is US owned to do so. We went up on top of the island, to head back down to the northeast side to our hotel, Wyndham Sugar Bay! We were told to leave our luggage outside to go and check-in. We got up to the desk and our room was not ready. So the lady (Eva) told us that we had an ocean-view room and the All-Inclusive plan, so we could get a drink while we waited and to check back in 15 minutes. We checked back about 20 minutes later and it still wasn't ready. We looked at some of the books that they had out for you to look at that had menus listed in them. We checked back about 10 minutes later and she said the room was ready. I told Brian we weren't supposed to have AI, so we better check. Eva said - yes, you are AI! He said, are you sure? And she said yes...wow!!! I was shocked!

We got up to our room, unpacked and headed down to the beach. It is absolutely GORGEOUS here!! The pools are huge and the water is amazing!! We headed back up to the room to get ready for dinner. We had not eaten a meal all day and we were really hungry. We had dinner at our reception....showered at mom and Bobby's hotel and headed to the airport. When we got to the airport, we checked in and Brian went to McD's to get something before we boarded...I didn't want something that greasy, that early (5:30am). So really, we had crackers on the plane and Oreo cookies. That was about it! So anyway, Brian took a shower and I said I wanted to rest before we went to dinner...just 30 mintues. When I woke up...5 hours later at 12:30am...I looked over and he was sleeping too. I said, I guess we missed supper! ha! We were so exhausted though, so we needed our rest too! We got up at 6:10 this morning and have been on the go since.

We ate breakfast at the hotel...met with the Apple rep at 10:00am, booked 2 excursions. 1 tomorrow in which we go to Jost Van Dyke! Just like in the Kenny Chesney song...and one on Thur. to go to the British VI! :) We are so excited!! After we met with Joanie, our Apple rep, we came to the room to get our suits on. We went down to the beach...swam some, went out on a kayak...and laid in the sun. We decided to go to the gift shop to get something to put our money in while we swam (all of the money was soaked) and then headed back down to the water. We rented some snorkling gear and snorkled for about an 1 1/2 hours. I had never snorkled before...it was so much fun! We came back up to the room and Brian showered and is now sleeping as I type this! :) We are going to take the ferry to St. John for dinner tonight.

I know this is long...I will try to update more often so it's not a book each time I write. It is just so amazing here, I want to write about it all!!

Oh...and you will never believe this! I am always told that you can't go anywhere with me, that I won't run into someone I know....well, it still holds true to this trip....an ocean away from home!! While at the pool today, we saw my old roommate's uncle!! I could NOT believe it! But yes, sure enough...there was Kevin. Brian was like..."Addi, what was Jamie's uncles name b/c I think that is him over there!" Sure enough....honestly people!

Well, anyway, I was going to post some pics, but the internet is too slow...so it times out. More to come later! :)

No comments: