Saturday, June 30, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY APRIL!!


Yesterday, June 29, was April's 30th birthday! Seth and BK watched all 4 kids so that us sisters could go to dinner! It was so nice to be able to spend time with my sister's without having to worry about how the girls would behave at dinner. We ate at Chili's and after dinner did some shopping!! Kristi and Anitra went to Hobby Lobby to get VBS stuff, April and I went to JC Penney's. By the end of the night, between the 4 of us, we closed down each of the following stores: JC Penney, Hobby Lobby, Marshall's, Creative Teaching, Target and last but of course not least....Dairy Queen! :) We didn't get home until after 11:00pm!


So - both my sisters are in their 30's and I am the only one of us not in the 30-club yet...it's close though. So, since it's April's birthday I was just going to write about some things that I remember from growing up with her.

April LOVED school. She thought everything that she learned at school, I had to learn when she got home. I was in Kindergarten when she learned how to spell "Encyclopedia". She came home and we would play school. We had the little desk and everything. That day she told me, Addi, you can't go to "recess" until you learn to spell Encyclopedia! I remember I had the paper that you get when you first start writing. The kind that gives you the little dotted line in between two solid lines so you know how big to make the capital and lower case letters. I sat there writing it over and then she quizzed me...with no paper to look at to cheat. As adults now, she tells me I should thank her for that...it's why I can spell Encyclopedia so well today! ha!!

When I broke my finger in basketball my freshman year of high school, they made me run laps the entire practice. April convinced me to run track with her, she was a senior, since I had already been running so much. At 4 feet 11 inches, they had me as a distance runner! ha!! I wanted to quit so bad, but April told me to stick with it. I got last place every single race. I hated it, but stuck with it! April called me the next year when she was at Tri-State. The track coach had talked her into running distance too. (April was a sprinter) She wanted to tell me sorry for making me stick with track b/c now she knew how hard it was! It was nice of her to call and tell me that, but even though I hated it, she helped to teach me perseverance and how not to quit!

My sisters have taught me so much about life and there are days I really want them to mind their own business, but there are far more days where I am so thankful for the life lessons they have taught me. They are my best friends!

No comments: