Monday, April 6, 2009

Phoenix



It's been awhile since I have posted, huh!? Wow, it didn't really feel that long...

Last week I was in Phoenix for a Pain Management Symposium for work. My nurse, Randa, and I went and it was a quick-long 5 days. Does that make sense? I guess it seemed quick, because getting on 4 different airplanes in 5 days felt like A LOT of traveling and it seemed quick because it was all within 5 days...but then it seemed L..O..N..G because we were basically in conferences all day long! After 10 hours in seminars on Sunday, we decided to head to a Cubs game for a break! :)

We learned a lot, walked a lot and laughed a lot. I am so thankful for having great co-workers that I get along with so well, we can travel together! :)

We stayed at the Hilton - Squaw Peak Resort. It was really gorgeous and the staff was extremely friendly!! As a matter of fact, the first day there, I felt a cold sore coming on and I didn't have a car to go to the pharmacy to get Abreva. I didn't think the gift shop would have any, but I thought it was worth a shot to check. Well, I was right, they didn't, but the lady working said that she would go on her break and get me some. I was shocked and so THANKFUL! Apparently, she understood the urgency because she gets cold sores too!

It was very hard to be in meetings all day knowing it was 80-plus degrees outside and SUNNY, but we really learned a lot and it is always exciting to learn new things!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jeffrey and Tiffany said...

I hear you about being stuck inside at cool places for conferences. That is one of the great things about science/med is that you can go to awesome place for conferences...and the bad part is that you are stuck at a conference in an awesome place! Glad you learned lots and had fun.