Friday, October 19, 2007

Water and some more Water


Well, we had quite an eventful night! It rained and rained some more!! We had MANY storms run through Northern IN tonight. It rained so much at our house, the street was flooded. I tried to take some pics, but they didn't turn out so well. Meanwhile, in the basement....more water! Yes, the basement toilet started overflowing at 6:30 tonight. Brian went to Meijer to get a "snake" for the toilet, and the tornado sirens went off while he was gone and he called to tell me that they were making everyone go to the back of the store and that they weren't letting anyone leave. So...when he finally got home, he had got the wrong kind of snake...he got the sink one, not the toilet one! Agghh...SOOOOOO, back to Meijer. I am downstairs putting more towels down to sop of the mess (I will spare you the details, but I am sure you can get the picture) and I run upstairs to to get a drink, and realize that all of our tile by the front door is soaking wet. Well, it was raining so hard and the wind was blowing so hard....it was pushing the rain under the front door and into our living room. So now, I am running to get more towels to try and stop the water coming in the front door. I have water upstairs, downstairs, coming in the windows....Honestly, I was on the verge of a breakdown. I finally got my husband to call the plumber, which I am sure will cost a pretty penny. It is now 12:35AM Fri. morning and we are still waiting for a call back! The first plumber we called said he had about 100 calls tonight!!! Days like this is when I miss my apartment that I could just call and someone else dealt with it!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Leah said...

Oh Addi, SORRY to hear about this!!! I'm sure hope you got these problems solved. Did you feel a little like Noah...were you looking for the animals to come walking down your street?