Sunday, October 21, 2007

Storm Cleanup

This morning Mom, Brian, my friend Jacinda and I drove to Nappanee to help with the Tornado clean-up. It's true what they say, you can see it on TV, but when you experience it first-hand, it is devastating! It is amazing that no deaths have been reported. Even in all the devastation, it is evident that God was truly there. There were pieces of wood from Fairmount homes, driven into the cement side of KFC/Taco Bell. One building lost half of its room and the framework was just tossed into the grass. There were so many people that sacrificed their time and came out today. It's great to say that this is our community! My sister said she heard on the news that almost 5000 people were there! We originally came in on SR 119, but the traffic was backed up so far, we turned around and went a back way. I will post some pics later...I don't have them downloaded yet.

Please keep praying!

No comments: